Friday, May 15, 2009

Hattiesburg,Ms

I must say..the Forrest County Multi Event complex is SUPER nice. They have 5 stall barns, 2 on concrete, the rest on dirt. Then they had a big building all the rodeo contestants could back up under and plug in. They didn't charge for stalls or hookups. EVERYTHING was connected by a huge covered walkway. They had a covered warm up pen, and the arena was super nice. Its rare you run across a indoor air conditioned coliseum that you can set up a STANDARD pattern and have the barrels 25' off the walls.

They usually have a entertainer, then the team roping, then the barrel racing. So usually I get on when the entertainer goes in and have PLENTY of time. So I was doing the same thing, put the last boot on my horse as the guy is going in. Then I hear his mic cutting out as i'm going to get my hat out of the trailer. I step out of the trailer and here..."We're setting up the barrels and going barrel racing" They said forget the entertainer for then since the mics wern't cooperating..and the announcer skipped the team roping! So I ran grabbed my bridle, threw it on. Then went trotting across the parking lot putting rubber bands on, tucking in my shirt, putting my hat on. Got there as the first girl was going down the alley. So I quickly finished tightening my girth, trotted a few more circles then went down the alley.

Jet WALKED down the alley so I woke him up and off we went. He felt like he was a little lost going to the first. Kinda had problems slipping on the backside of the 2nd on his front end, then bowed off the 3rd barrel. Landed us 2nd place by a tenth. I was really happy with him lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment