Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's been awhile.

Since Deridder,La rodeo, we went to Alvarado,Tx to the Marry Etta Madness the next two days (April 4th-5th). Saturday night was a total pilot brain fart error, That made me go wow..did you seriously just do that? I have only tipped the first barrel going into it 3 times in the 6 years i've been running Jet..THREE times. Saturday night in Alvarado I hit it going in, due to bumping him. Then he turned back so hard and quick I hit it again before it ever fell very far and drug it over leaving it. Turned a nice 2nd, then hit the 3rd going in just due to quit riding him way too soon.
Then Sunday I let him rock and roll and said I was NOT going to touch him. I didn't lol. He just made a awesome first so I spaked him to the 2nd and turned that one great. Now.. brain farts seem to go hand in hand in Alvarado it seems. I switched hands (I run left, whip with right hand) to pick up my over and under..and I missed it the first time I went to grab it. So I reached to grab it again, then just thought oh well and kept kicking..but never switched back hands. Right before he went to start his turn I thought uhh, I have the wrong hand on the reins, I have no idea if this will work..but I hope it does. He got to the backside and I usually just guide him around the backside..well I couldn't pull with my outside hand so I just had the reins totally loose. He took a stride out of the turn and I switch hands and made him complete it. But when I switched hands and pulled him it stalled him out. So it deffinetly cost us some time. We ended up 19th out of 900+ runs.

We didn't go anywhere the weekend of the 11th.
April 17th we went to the first outdoor pro rodeo i've entered this year. So of course it rains..and rains..and rains. That is hopefully the sloppiest, muddiest, suckiest, worst ground i've ever run in. They NEVER drug. I was 43rd out including the ones in the performance. Soo by the time I ran we wern't running barrels we were swimming through deep nasty trenches. So needless to say we saftied up, and ended up 6 tenths off so we didn't place.

I was entered at another rodeo on the 21st, but had to turn out due to a sore horse from the previous rodeo. Went and had his hocks, stifles, and ankles injected on the 21st(I love my vet, got in the same day even though he was fully booked) So then I had to turn out of a rodeo on the 24th. I did run on the 25th and won the long go, short go and of course average.

We're now in Little Rock,Ar...run tonight.
Then next weekend will be Hattiesburg,Ms

No comments:

Post a Comment