Monday, August 10, 2009

August 7th and 8th 2009

Decided to go to the Fort Worth stockyards and run.
Got there late Friday, and found out that they had not recieved my online entry but they had spots open in the Perf. yay! Jet SMOKED the first barrel, even when I told him to turn way too soon. Lol bet anyone thats been to Northside didn't know you could tell one to turn too soon huh? Going into the 2nd barrel he tripped and it jerked the reins out of my hand I saw them flying towards his head and all I could think was they were about to go over his head. Thankfully he got his head up and they stopped at his ears. But by the time I was able to reach up and grab them I was just about at the timer and the judge and barrel setter were looking for some place to go lol. So we just cruised the rest of the pattern.
Saturday we toured all of the stockyards...it was fun, but wow do my feet hurt!

Saturday night I was 12th out on the ground, two further down then I was the night before. Figured i'd just have to make the best of that. Smoked the first again, got hung up a little on the backside of the 2nd and had a good third. Ran a 14.07 and ended up 3rd. A 14.19 won Friday night..lol such luck. But I did win enough money to cover my fee's for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment