Thursday, February 5, 2009

Jackson,Ms rodeo

Ahh it was ssoo COLD there. It wouldn't of been so bad if it would've been just cold. But it was pretty windy too. I think we all froze before we got to run. Jet felt good, had a uneventful warmup although I think he got tired of walking in tiny circles since there was no where else to go near the arena to wait.
They finally call my name, we start towards the alley, make a few hops and we're off. We hit the arena with a blind first barrel flying. He inhales the first and all I can think is WOOO go on! I'm not sure why he didn't move over sooner but he barley got over for the 2nd barrel, dropped his rear end and went to roll back on the backside..when the deep loose dirt got us. He lost his rear end and we drug over the barrel leaving it. Its all over with..no way you could ever place with a down barrel especially not with 200 entered. Ohh but wait were still running barrels! I get 3 strides from the third and just sit there and let my horse drop..and hit the barrel. Whoops. I cruised out, and had a very nice time that would be sitting well right now.. but alas the ground got us.

We're now on our way to Lake Charles,La to run tonight in slack. number 79 of 81..2nd to last on the ground of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment