Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lake Charles,La

It was much warmer when we got to Lake Charles. We visited with friends and family from the LC area (and they brought yummy food LOL) Went and watched the rodeo since I wouldn't be running till MUCH later. We got there in time to watch the team roping, it was pretty good. Next they had the 4-H/FFA calf scramble. After that they had the adult stick horse barrel race for a 100x hat. It was great, a few tripped, a few fell in the dirt..a couple times. Then the clown act..ahh the dang clown act. Lecile Harris was the clown there. Another guy walked out as a woman opera singer and her pianist was sick so she needed someone to play. They turn the lights off and they go on and on with her singing a few notes..then Lecile playing the piano and pretty much doing everything wrong. By this time i'm kicked back in my chair with my eyes closed waiting for it to end. I notice the lights are coming on but I figure, their big lights, it'll take them awhile to come on..this clown act could still take forever when BOOM. I jumped in my chair which prompted all the guys behind me to laugh... apparently the piano must of blew up with Lecile rocking on it.
It was 10:30 before the rodeo ended, 11:10 before the slack started. I didn't run until 1am. I had a nice bull dogger walk with me across the concrete and stay on the side of me so my horse didn't jump off onto some slick concrete till he took off. Smoked the first barrel once again, then hit the 2nd and I pulled him up due to my saddle slipping to the side.
We left right after I ran at 1:30, we got home sometime around 5:30am, think we went to bed around 6am. I don't think I ever moved till around noon, finally got out of bed around 2pm. Plan on going to a barrel race in Athens Sunday to hopefully win some money so I can go to Alvarado and Fort Worth next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment