Friday, February 27, 2009

I am back!..Maybe

Monday afternoon I called a friend and offered to go ride with her, and go to a little jackpot that night with her and tune on her horse. I went, had fun, got to run her horse. Then I ended up spending the night..and then staying Tuesday and riding a few more of her horses. Then spent the night again. Wednesday afternoon we went and picked up my horse and my stuff so we could leave for Glen Rose for the Jurassic Classic Thursday morning. Wednesday we didn't ride anything, we left around 11am for Glen Rose. Took us about 3 hours to get here. Got the horses all settled in and then went to sign up..wow what a line. We stood there for a hour and half waiting to sign up..and we got there 30 minutes before the books opened. Go back to the trailer hang out a little while then feed, watch some funny videos on YouTube then go get ready.

Ahh my run, Jet was really running hard down the alley. He sucked up the first barrel and off to the 2nd we go. I rode him all the way across the pen and was turning a great 2nd when he slipped on the backside. There had been a bunch of slips and atleast one go all the way down. But when he slipped I threw my inside foot up by his shoulder so I could get by the barrel. Now we're off to the third. They have the tractors behind panels that have tarps over them behind the 3rd barrel. It seems almost everytime they do this and leave a big opening on each side the first run I make Jet is headed for the opening on the way to the 3rd. So he just kept driftin out going to the 3rd then slipped and kind of stepped off of it. Then I looked up and saw the 2nd barrel laying on the ground. What a heart breaker. I just let him cruise out and ran a 15.207 and a 14.9 won it. EERRR
But I have three more runs so ill get it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment