Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ah the joys of being on the road.

So Thursday night after my run we put the horses in a little electric fence portable pen since there was no more stalls or anything. At about 6:45 I look out the window at them just in time to see my hauling partners black horse jump and go threw the fence taking it down. She had locked the trailer door and I could NOT get it open and she is slowely crawling out of the bed. I'm freaking out because there is a pretty busy road on one side and a highway on the other. Right before i'm about to dive out the window she gets the door unlocked. I bail out and grab my leadrope since the horses still had their halters on. About the time I come around the trailer her horses take off since they run from people EERRR! As i'm running...and she's walking. One of the service guys for the expo center comes by and gives me a ride, we get them cornered and I holler at my horse he freezes in his tracks. I start walking towards them and hers took off again but I guess mine figured he was probably in enough trouble he should just stop there. So I grab him and take off after her horses again. She finally gets her two caught. We tie them to the trailer and feed them. Then put my horse and her older horse back in the pens while we could watch them and tied the young one up.

I am going to run around 11:30 Friday night so around 11pm I start saddleing and getting ready. My horse is giving me a big attitude so I know he's going to run and turn her...I just didn't think it would be THAT hard. We have to come in a side gate, which I really hate on him. He bounced around awhile before I could get him to go forward and around the gate so he wouldn't catch his hip on it then he took off. We're flying down the hill into the arena and he feels like he's rating too soon so I stayed up over him to the first. I went to sit down and about the time I did he hit the brakes and turned back. All you could see was my butt in the air, my foot caught the back of my saddle keeping me on. All I could think was I haven't came off in a LONG time, and I'm NOT coming off this run. So I crawled back in the middle of him between the first and the second barrel. We kind of got by the 2nd but left it standing as the night before he rolled back over the top of it and cost me 3rd place. As i'm running to the third i'm thinking you really have to hussle him because he's going to try and rate too soon. So i'm over him pushing him when he drags his butt in the ground HARD and starts his turn. I was pretty sure I was coming off the outside when he kind of jumped out of his turns instead of completeing it was headed for the alley. I ended up running a 15.304 and a 14.9 won it. 4 out of the money.

Friday night we leave the horses tied to the trailer so we don't have to worry about anyone escaping again cause once was enough for my heart. Saturday was a pretty uneventful day thankfully. We just kind of hung out till it was time to run. I ran at 12:30 Saturday night/Sunday am whatever you want to call it lol. I decided I would bring him in the alley and turn him to the left and then go so he wouldn't leave me behind. I rolled him around to the left in the alley and we ended up going down the right side of the alley. NOT where I wanted to be coming from but we smoked the first barrel. I pushed him to the 2nd and once again caught the 2nd leaving it. I went ahead and let him cruise to the 3rd and kind of turned it funny cruised out and ran a 15.2 once again EEERRR.

So it's now about 1:30am by the time we get the horses all taken care of and everything and then the other girls horse decides itll start setting back. Finally she puts her in the trailer so we lay down to go to bed and at 2 the generator stops. We're in the other girls truck and trailer and she's like it shouldn't be out of gas but I don't know anything about it! I say oh well forget it and went to bed. Now i'm sleeping on her couch with a little throw blanket cause she snores...oohhh does she snore. About 3am I wake up and i'm FREEZING. It was 21 degrees outside bbrrr. I already had my hoodie on, but I went ahead and put my jacket on and curled up in a ball and tried to go back to sleep. I tossed and turned all night, never getting much sleep. Around 6:30 I finally gave up and went to feed the horses. Hauling partner decided noo we wouldn't feed them now we'd load them and go find a fuel station to see if running out of fuel was the problem. We get fuel..come back and that fixed that problem...froze all night long due to running out of fuel. We get the horses fed and go back to sleep for a couple hours. Then once again got to hang out all day cause she doesn't run till 9pm, then again at 10pm then i'll run around 11:30pm. Then we'll get to go home. I'm sure the horses are probably thinking FINALLY lol.
I won't make it to my house till probably Monday afternoon, and i'm sure when I do get home i'll just crash..maybe i'll be awake Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment