Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How to get noticed

Ahh humiliating.. One would have to be about 3 years ago I was riding a problem horse for someone else. It was at a little summer series that it seemed everyone from our cowboy church went to. I finally get this horse to go down the alley, and i'm riding him in the open as my good horse was hurt..but he looked alot like my good horse so everyone was watching. Turn the first barrel (going left) and as we're going across the pen it feels like he slips, then he starts ducking to the right, then back to the left then does it a few more times. Each time I feel myself getting further and further out of the saddle, when finally we're almost to the barrel and he goes left like he's going to run up the fence. By all means at that point was it fine with me to go up the fence. As soon as he got to the fence he went right and I went off over his shoulder. I slid down the fence landing on my head. I thought wow..now that was embarrasing and I turn over so im now sitting on the ground about to get up when wham...the horse had turned back into the fence by the bucking chutes and he was now running over the top of me. He caught me with two feet in the back, one in the neck and one in the head. Now i'm rolled up in a ball, I finally stagger to my feet and quickly hurried out of the arena. But ahh the damage was done.. The next day the preacher stopped in the middle of the sermon and asked if I needed to go roll around in the dirt some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment