Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How to do a front flip off a horse

I was 8 and I decided I wanted to be a big girl that night and I was going to go fast and ride just like all those HS girls that run in and leaaannn towards the barrel. I told my dad I want a whip! Why he ever gave me one is beyond me, but he did...don't think he thought i'd ever use it. I go running into the arena and around the first we go. I decided here's my oppertunity to whip! I spanked him and my little rascal caught a whole new gear I had never experienced. Now this is where I stop and tell you..he was the best kid horse ever, Always took care of me and my sister..but maybe he and my dad made a deal on teaching me how to do this right? Back to the story. I get almost to the barrel and lean to the inside when Rascal does a front feet stop.. I didn't stop. I went over his head..over the barrel, completed my flip and landed on my butt. I jumped up and my dad ran out, put me back on my horse and away I went. I did whip to the 3rd..but I didn't lean. I didn't lean on anything for a LONG time after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment